ADDRESS DELIVERED BY HON GANIYU O HAMAZAT, THE HONOURABLE COMMISIONER FOR THE MINISTRY OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND COOPERATIVES, OGUN STATE AT THE 6TH NATIONAL COOPERATIVE SUMMIT, AWARD AND EXHIBITION ORGANISED BY THE COOPERATIVE FEDERATION OF NIGERIA (CFN) HELD AT OOPL BETWEEN 2ND AND 3RD NOVEMBER, 2022
1. It gladdens me to address and welcome the august gathering of eminent and distinguished personalities and Cooperators spread across various States in the Country to our dear Ogun State the “Gateway State”
2. May I particularly welcome and congratulate CFN President High Chief Oriyomi AYEOLA his historic attainment and successful election as the President of ICA Africa (the first Nigerian in history to record such a great accomplishment)
3. It is gratifying to stress the impeccable impacts and contributions of Cooperatives to the state and national economic development. As a member owned, member-run and member serving business enterprise Cooperatives are renowned for empowering people to collectively realize their desires and aspirations. While strengthening the social and human capital for the development of their communities.
4. In Ogun State the over twelve thousand registered Cooperatives organization spread across the nooks and crannies of the State are actively involved in agricultural input sourcing and supply agricultural produce marketing, micro insurance service, financial on lending road transportation services artisanal mining value addition, rendering of strategic services commerce and providing affordable housing to meet the needs of members among others.
5. Pertinent to reiterate that the theme for the 6th National Cooperative Summit Awards and Exhibition “EXPANDING COOPERATIVE VALUE SYSTEMS” is quite apt coming at a time the much cherished societal value systems (In families, business and the globe) are bing daily degraded and eroded due to economic challenges among others.
6. Suffice to state that Cooperative unique and historic values of “Self-Help, Self –Responsibility, Democracy, equity and Solidarity” requires further entrenchment in operations and Cooperative activities by members, leadership and other stakeholders for growth, Cooperative progress and sustainable development.
7. There is no gain-saying the fact that no meaningful exploit is achievable where unity is lacking in operations and activities Efforts should be steadfast on ensuring that a mutually symbiotic/beneficial relationship exist among and between all stakeholders in Cooperative development, Individual members view and opinion must be accorded due respect while everyone must uphold the tenet of “give and take” for entrenchment of peace and prosperity.
8. Finally the rule of law in operation is sacrosanct while eschew all vices that are inimical to progress, embrace notable initiatives towards business diversification for job creation and wealth generation.
Cooperative can make a difference in the post –pandemic era all of us must act today to achieve a just recovery in the nation and the world.
9. While wishing you a happy and successful deliberation, I hereby declare the Summit open to the Glory God and benefit of humanity.
10. Thanks for listening.
COOP! COOP! COOP! COOPERATIVE
WHERE? HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE
Alajeseku!!! Ko Ni Baa Je